Wednesday 28 September 2016

A Dog's Life

Though my life was too short,
I remained loyal to my master,
His wife fed me stomach full,
Once I protected his daughter from snake,
I guarded his home day and night,
Felt lonely when they went out,
Would wait eagerly for them to return,
I greeted them by wagging my tail,
I could not express my happiness,
When a new baby joined our family,
I used to play with him too,
Years passed and I noticed something,
I would get exhausted very soon,
They took me to the doctor,
And looked after me like a kid,
God told me that it was the time to leave,
And be born anew at a new place,
Where I was required to bring smiles,
I left my body and then I saw,
That I was still living in the stories they read!
(Written for A Poet's Haven group, PC A Poet's Haven group) 

No comments:

Post a Comment